CHICAGO BLACKHAWK FOUNDATION SPLIT THE POT RAFFLE
THIS RAFFLE IS SUBJECT TO SPECIFIC RESTRICTIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND CONDITIONS, WHICH ARE DESCRIBED IN THESE OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES. DO NOT ENTER THIS RAFFLE IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS BELOW AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS RAFFLE IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTAIN AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTION, REQUIRE YOU TO SUBMIT CLAIMS YOU HAVE AGAINST FOUNDATION (AS DEFINED BELOW) TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNDER THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT, (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AGAINST FOUNDATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING, AND (2) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO SEEK RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS.
1. OVERVIEW: The “Chicago Blackhawk Foundation Split the Pot Raffle” (the “Raffle”) is a 50/50 raffle administered by Chicago Blackhawk Foundation, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation with its principal place of business located at 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612 (the “Foundation”) pursuant to a raffle licensed issued to Foundation by the City of Chicago. The Raffle, including all tickets, transactions, participants, purchasers and winners are subject to these Official Rules, and to all applicable statutes, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, the Illinois Compiled Statutes, any Rules and Regulations adopted pursuant thereto and all other applicable rules and regulations adopted by any regulatory and/or enforcement agency having jurisdiction with respect to the Raffle. The Raffle is a drawing whereby tickets are sold throughout the United Center located at 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, Illinois 60612 (the “Arena”) during each Chicago Blackhawks regular season home game taking place at the Arena during the 2021-2022 NHL season, beginning with the first home game on October 19, 2021 and ending on the final home game on April 27, 2022 (the “Raffle Period”).
2. REGULAR SEASON RAFFLE DATES; HOW TO ENTER: Foundation will conduct one (1) Raffle during each Chicago Blackhawks regular season home game taking place at the Arena during the 2021-2022 NHL season (each, a “Game”). Each Raffle begins when the Arena gates open and ends during the third period of each applicable game. The exact time Raffle ticket sales end will be determined by Foundation in its sole discretion.
- Purchase in-person: Raffle tickets will be sold in-person at the Arena during each Game from the various Raffle Team Members wearing yellow aprons and roaming each of the concourses in the Arena (Main Concourse, Suite Level and 2nd Level) or at the Arena’s Community Corner located right outside of Section 104/105.
- Purchase online: Raffle tickets will also be sold online during the Raffle Period. To purchase, visit Blackhawks5050.com (the “Website”) during each Game and follow the directions to purchase a Raffle ticket. Internet sales of Raffle tickets are open ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS PHYSICALLY PRESENT IN ILLINOIS WHEN THE TRANSACTION OCCURS. This Raffle is VOID OUTSIDE OF ILLINOIS AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED BY LAW. Entrants purchasing Raffle tickets online must fully complete their purchase using the procedures specified. All online ticket purchase requests are subject to verification by Foundation, and no sale is final until the ticket purchase order is accepted by Foundation in Chicago, Illinois.
Raffle ticket sales will cease during the third period of the applicable Game, with the exact time to be determined by Foundation in its sole discretion. Raffle tickets purchased online after ticket sales cease will be entered into the Drawing (defined below) for the next Game.
3. TICKET PRICES: Raffle tickets may be purchased with credit card or cash (in United States Dollars ($)) as follows**:
5 tickets for $10
20 tickets for $20
100 tickets for $40
300 tickets for $100
**Ticket prices subject to change without notice.
Each ticket is a receipt for the entrant and will reflect the number of entries for the Raffle purchased in a single transaction. Each ticket will include unique ticket numbers (or raffle draw numbers) for each entry purchased. Entrants may purchase as many tickets as they wish, subject to availability. ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. A RAFFLE TICKET IS NOT TRANSFERRABLE OR ASSIGNABLE FROM ITS PURCHASER TO ANY OTHER PERSON. RAFFLE TICKET PURCHASES ARE NOT DONATIONS AND ARE NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to all ticket holders (except as excluded below) or online purchasers within Illinois during each Game who: (i) are (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry; and (ii) provide valid government-issued identification. By purchasing a Raffle ticket, the entrant agrees to abide by all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and all federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. There will be only one (1) Winner (defined below) per Drawing.
Do not enter the Raffle if your place of residence, age or any other rule or law prohibits or restricts you from entering or participating in the Raffle, or prohibits, restricts or limits the award of the Prize. You must be able to accept the award of the Prize without rules or restrictions imposed by the jurisdiction in which you live. Employees, agents, officers, directors, members, managers and owners of the Foundation, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., the National Hockey League (the “NHL”), any of its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, owners, members, directors, managers, officers, agents, employees, judges, advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers and anyone involved in the development or execution of the Raffle (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), as well as their immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and household members, whether or not related, are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Entrants and entries are subject to all local rules. Void outside of Illinois and where prohibited or restricted by law and where bonding, registration or other requirements would be required but have not yet been met or where the methods of entry set forth below would be deemed consideration.
5. RANDOM DRAWING; WINNER NOTIFICATION; ODDS OF WINNING: During the third period of the applicable Game, the winning ticket will be announced, and one (1) lucky fan will take home half (50%) of the net proceeds from the applicable Game’s Raffle ticket sales (the “Prize”). The other half (50%) will go to the Foundation in support of its charitable, educational, civic or other nonprofit purposes. The Winner (defined below) will be selected in a random manual drawing from among all eligible Raffle tickets purchased during the Raffle (the “Drawing”). One (1) Raffle ticket will be randomly drawn during the applicable Game or promptly thereafter and the winning number on such Raffle ticket will be displayed on the Website until 5p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on the following business day.
Odds of winning are based upon the total number of Raffle tickets purchased during the Raffle associated with the applicable Game. The decisions of the Foundation are final and binding on all matters relating to the Raffle.
6. CLAIMING PRIZE: The owner in possession of the Raffle ticket with the winning number (the “Winner”) will have until 5p.m. CT on the next business day following the applicable Game to claim the Prize at by either contacting Meghan Pollock via electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone at (312) 455-7183. If nobody claims the Prize by the deadline, the Prize will be donated to the Foundation as set forth below. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF TICKET HOLDERS TO CHECK THE WEBSITE AND CLAIM THE PRIZE. CHICAGO BLACKHAWK FOUNDATION WILL MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO NOTIFY ANY WINNER. THE DESIGNATED RAFFLE TICKET IS THE ONLY VALID RECEIPT FOR CLAIMING THE PRIZE. A RAFFLE TICKET WILL BE VOID, AND THE PRIZE NOT PAID/REDEEMED, IF THERE IS PROOF THAT THE TICKET WAS STOLEN, UNISSUED, INELIGIBLE, ALTERED, COUNTERFEIT IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DEFECTIVE, PRINTED IN DUPLICATE OR PRINTED/PRODUCED IN ERROR. The original ticket must be submitted and reflect the winning draw number. A photocopy, photograph or reproduction of the receipt will not be accepted. The Winner will be required to present identification, complete an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and required tax forms (supplying a valid social security number), and supply any other information requested by the Foundation necessary to determine eligibility and comply with applicable laws. Upon completion of the corresponding paperwork and verification of eligibility, the Foundation will mail a check in the winning Prize amount to the Winner within approximately thirty (30) days. If a Winner is determined to be ineligible, fails to submit identification, fails to return the required documents to the Foundation within the specified time period, or otherwise fails to comply with these Official Rules as determined by the Foundation in its sole discretion, the Winner will be disqualified, the Prize will be forfeited and donated to the Foundation. The Winner may also choose to waive their right to receive the Prize, at which time the Prize will be forfeited and all money will be donated to the Foundation. If a Prize remains unclaimed following the end of the applicable redemption period, the unclaimed Prize will be donated to the Foundation.
THE FOUNDATION IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST OR STOLEM RAFFLE TICKETS.
PRIZE: The cash Prize is determined by calculating half (50%) of the net proceeds from Raffle tickets sales received during the Raffle in the applicable Game. The remaining fifty percent (50%) will be retained by the Foundation. Cash prizes will be paid to the Winner by check within thirty (30) days following the Game. The Winner will be required to provide the Foundation with his/her social security number and a photo ID. Federal income tax withholding will be required for any prizes of $5,000 or greater. All winners will be subject to any tax withholding requirements established by the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) or the Illinois Department of Revenue. The Foundation will complete and file IRS form W-2G and withhold Federal income tax of 25% from the Winner’s proceeds in accordance with applicable guidelines and regulations. The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person including relatives or friends. Except as provided herein, each Winner assumes all responsibility for any state, county, or Federal taxes, fees, or withholdings. The Winner is advised to consult his/her own tax advisor(s) with respect to the liabilities that may arise from winning a prize in the Raffle. No substitution, transfer or otherwise of prizes are permitted by the Winner. Any attempt to transfer, assign or sell the Prize without the express written consent of the Foundation may result in a forfeiture of the Prize, in the Foundation’s sole discretion.
ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRIZE ARE SOLELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
7. RELEASE; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Promotion Entities, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Raffle and any prizes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Raffle; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Raffle; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) any claim that the design submitted by entrant violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, and/or (v) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Raffle, by reason of any act of God, epidemic, pandemic or other public health emergency, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the control of any Released Party. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Foundation will be disqualified. The Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual believed to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Raffle or found to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or who is believed to be undermining or attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Raffle. The Raffle and all disputes, claims or controversies arising from these Official Rules, will be governed by Illinois law, without regard to its conflict of law’s provisions.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR OTHERWISE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RELATED TO THE RAFFLE, INCLUDING ANY DOWNLOADING FROM OR PRINTING MATERIAL FROM ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS RAFFLE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. OFFICIAL WINNER AGREES THAT ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREINAFTER ENACTED, RELATIVE TO THE USE OR ENJOYMENT OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. FURTHER, NO RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ACCEPTED FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, OR RE-ROUTING RESULTING FROM ANY ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
8. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT; DISPUTE RESOLUTION BY BINDING ARBITRATION:
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
(a) Agreement to Arbitrate: This Section is referred to in these Official Rules as the “Arbitration Agreement.” You agree that any and all disputes or claims that have arisen or may arise between you and Foundation, whether arising out of or relating to these Official Rules, the Raffle, your participation in the Raffle, any prize, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, any advertising, or any aspect of the relationship between us, will be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration, rather than a court, in accordance with the terms of this Arbitration Agreement, except that you may assert individual claims in small claims court, if your claims qualify. Further, this Arbitration Agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state or local agencies, and such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by participating in the Raffle, you and Foundation are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. Your rights will be determined by a neutral arbitrator, not a judge or jury. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
(b) Prohibition of Class and Representative Actions and Non-Individualized Relief: YOU AND FOUNDATION AGREE THAT EACH OF US MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH YOU AND FOUNDATION, AS APPLICABLE, AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
(c) Pre-Arbitration Dispute Resolution: Foundation is always interested in resolving disputes amicably and efficiently, and most participant concerns can be resolved quickly and to the participant’s satisfaction by emailing the Foundation’s support team at email@example.com. If such efforts prove unsuccessful, a party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (the “Notice”). The Notice to Foundation should be sent to Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. 1901 W. Madison St. Chicago, IL 60612, Attention: General Counsel. The Notice must (i) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute and (ii) set forth the specific relief sought. If Foundation and you do not resolve the claim within sixty (60) calendar days after the Notice is received, you or Foundation may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by Foundation or you may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or Foundation are entitled.
(d) Arbitration Procedures: Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) rules and procedures, including the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (collectively, the “AAA Rules”), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. For information on the AAA, please visit its website, http://www.adr.org. Information about the AAA Rules and fees for consumer disputes can be found at the AAA’s consumer arbitration page, http://www.adr.org/consumer_arbitration. If there is any inconsistency between any term of the AAA Rules and any term of this Arbitration Agreement, the applicable terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of these Official Rules as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including, but not limited to, issues relating to the scope, enforceability, and arbitrability of this Arbitration Agreement. Although arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings, the arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual under these Official Rules and applicable law. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
Unless Foundation and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in a reasonably convenient location for both parties with due consideration of their ability to travel and other pertinent circumstances. If the parties are unable to agree on a location, the determination will be made by AAA. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, Foundation agrees that you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator, through a telephonic hearing or by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator will issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
(e) Costs of Arbitration: Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules, unless otherwise provided in this Arbitration Agreement. Any payment of attorneys’ fees will be governed by the AAA Rules.
(f) Confidentiality: All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
(g) Severability: If a court or the arbitrator decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than clause (b) above is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement will be enforceable as so modified. If a court or the arbitrator decides that any of the provisions of clause (b) is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of these Official Rules will continue to apply.
(h) Conflict: If any conflict arises between any term or condition in this Section 98and any term or condition in the Official Rules, then the applicable term or condition in this Section 8 will apply.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain an Official Winner list for the Raffle Period, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “Please send the Official Winner list for the ‘Chicago Blackhawk Foundation Split the Pot Raffle.’” Requests must be submitted within thirty (30) days after the last day of the Raffle Period. The list will be sent to requesting parties after selection and verification of the Official Winner.
11. NOTICE: Foundation reserves the right to prosecute and seek damages against any individual who attempts to deliberately undermine the proper operation of this Raffle in violation of these Official Rules and/or criminal and/or civil law.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: The Raffle is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Raffle, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Foundation or any sponsor in connection with the Raffle, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.